Social Media in the Classroom
A 1 Week ERASMUS+ Teacher Training Course available in Praha.
SUGGESTED COMPUTER PROFICIENCY: BASIC
The course has been created for teachers who want to learn about social media and its application in the classroom.
Participants will learn about incorporating social technology into their lessons and participate in small group and pair work activities. Emphasis will be placed on the most popular social media and on their potential in educational settings. Teachers will be provided with a wide range of practical teaching activities to enable them to make their classes more effective and enjoyable. Teachers will also learn about safe use of social media, student versus teacher roles and digital classroom management.
The course is taught through a combination of short theoretical presentations followed by practice activities, through which the participants will get familiar with the various platforms and techniques covered.
By the end of the course, teachers will have acquired more knowledge about using social media as an educational tool, enhance student engagement and improve communication among students and teachers.
Guided city tours and 1 full day cultural excursion (usually on Saturday) will also be part of the programme.
Course Learning Outcomes
– Using different Social Media in the classroom: managing groups, interacting, communicating, sharing materials;
– Social Media for audio-visual resources: how to make a search easier, creating playlist about different topics, sharing and embedding videos and playlists;
– Group and Social Media: managing a virtual classroom, sending assignments, searching and sharing useful materials, communicating with students and parents;
– Proposing tasks and exercises through Social Media;
– Image sharing;
– Knowledge about ethical issues and skills to manage privacy settings for a safe use of Social Media.