Innovative Approaches to Teaching
ERASMUS+ Course Overview
The course Innovative Approaches to Teaching is a practical guide which helps to improve quality and effectivity of educational process in any classroom. Encouraging creativity, organising projects, integrating minority pupils or using ICT as a tool for developing critical thinking are examples of the course modules that will broaden your teaching potential and motivate your students.
Thematic and interdisciplinary content will be introduced in nine modules by several tutors. You will work within a group instructional setting; guidance will be given on current theoretical knowledge without being lecture orientated. From practical examples to designing your own tasks and lesson plans, you will exchange ideas and gain new skills in a positive, “learning by doing” training through various collaborative and reflective activities.
- Module 01 – Theoretical module – 21st Century Skills
- Module 02 – Critical and creative thinking, how can it be developed?
- Module 03 – Inquiry based learning, Task based learning
- Module 04 – Designing, implementing and assessing a project
- Module 05 – Using ICT tools for assessment
- Module 06 – Dealing with multicultural classes
- Module 07 – Adapting teaching materials to suit the needs of differentiated classes
- Module 08 – Metacognition, teaching students to learn
- Module 09 – ICT as a tool for development of creativity and critical thinking
- Module 10 – Formative vs. summative assessment, rubrics, checklists, peer and self-assessment
Guided City Tour
- Enhance skills to use various innovative teaching methods and techniques that are learner-centred, encourage solving of meaningful real-world tasks and develop transversal competencies.
- Boost skills in using open and digital resources, support development of digital skills and media literacy, increase capacity to trigger changes in terms of modernization using ICT.
- Generate ready‐to‐use materials and ideas to support school or organisational development in the field of innovative education with regards to interdisciplinary and holistic approach.
- Gain techniques for working with heterogeneous classrooms, support inclusion of various minorities into mainstream education based on democratic values, promote active participation in society.
- Develop relevant, high-level skills such as creativity, critical thinking, metacognition and other key competences through innovative teaching methods, enhance good quality of mainstream education.
- Learn to motivate, guide and effectively assess to reduce low achievement in basic competences, promote peer exchange and active participation within the education.
- Revise and develop personal and professional competences, build confidence in promoting innovative and active pedagogies that are responsive to social and cultural diversity.
- Meet colleagues of different nationalities within the EU, engage in cross-cultural learning experience, exchange ideas and build a network for future international cooperation.
- Gain broader understanding of practices, policies and systems of education of different countries, cultivate mutual respect, intercultural awareness and embed common educational and training values.
- Enrich communication skills, improve foreign language competencies, broaden professional vocabulary and promote EU’s broad linguistic diversity.