Special Needs Children
This course mainly focuses on work with special needs children. You will not only improve your theoretical knowledge and expertise in the area but also get practical tips and methods which will help you create a supportive learning environment that is beneficial for all pupils, not only for special needs children.
The course content and fundamental information will be introduced through thematic modules by several tutors. It is based on practical demonstrations, hands-on approach and active participation within a group which is composed of international participants with similar interests and needs.
- Module 01 – Special needs: theoretical background (physical disorders, psychiatric disorders, emotional problems, behavioural problems, learning disorders (or disabilities, gifted and talented children)
- Module 02 – Integration and inclusion, exclusion, mainstreaming, identification risks, factors and barriers
- Module 03 – Communication and cooperation with parents and family, examples of the best practices
- Module 04 – Developing prevention and safe school according to the community readiness model
- Module 05 – Activities for special needs children
- Module 06 – Enhance practices for children who have or are at risk of developing mental health disorders
- Module 07 – Activities for gifted and talented children, developing creative thinking, (task based learning, problem based learning, project based learning, experiential learning, real world task)
- Module 08 – Teaching multicultural classes (mutual understanding and respect)
- Module 09 – Individual projects, presentation of activities
Guided City Tour
- Understand the advantages and disadvantages of approaches such as inclusion, integration and mainstreaming in order to enhance good quality of education and training for all learners.
- Gain techniques for working with heterogeneous classrooms and communities, deal with increased diversity of learners, support inclusion of various minorities into mainstream education.
- Generate ready‐to‐use materials and methods to improve educational practices in the field of special needs children education, promote universal access to education with regards to non-discriminatory values.
- Identify risk factors and different types of barriers, improve primary, selective and indicated prevention, increase synergies between education, research and innovative interventional activities.
- Increase broader understanding of strategies and systems dealing with special needs children in different countries, cultivate mutual respect and intercultural awareness.
- Support continual professional development, revise and improve key competences, build confidence in promoting pedagogies that are supportive to special needs children and social and cultural diversity.
- Meet colleagues of different nationalities within the EU, engage in cross-cultural learning experience, exchange ideas and build a network for future international cooperation.
- Enrich communication skills, improve foreign language competencies, broaden professional vocabulary and promote EU’s broad linguistic diversity, embed common educational and training values.